1.16.2014 journal

Setting: public transport

On the bus, on my way to school, took a seat behind Walker Texas Ranger (grizzled older man in a black cowboy hat and ponytail). That funky monkey kid (brow ridge, face squished forward like he's angry or thinking, curly hair in a pony, duct-taped devil monkey headphones, military style jacket, torn straight jeans and converse) is here too, he must go to school at the same place.

I actually chatted up someone at the bus stop today! A big truck came and parked next to it, and then hooked up to the fire hydrant. I'd never seen one in use, so it was interesting to watch! We started chatting about what it is he does (keep water clean), compared city trash levels, and discussed service occupations. Then my bus came, excellent timing!

Still... talking to strangers scares me, when I think about it. I never know what to say, because I don't know them, or their interests. If I start a sentence, that means there is an... obligation to continue it. I am not adept at continuing conversations with strangers. I learned to get better at small talk when I worked at Starbucks, but those were limited-time interactions: you get your coffee, you leave. Or, I have to serve the next customer. I prefer having an out when I run out of things to say.

My sleeping has been shit since starting school. I really need to get more disciplined about my bedtime, and place my own health above my desire for Kelly's company! I've been going to bed around 3am, and getting up around 11, and that's just not enough sleep for me.

-----------------------------

Setting: Community College

So my supposedly "spillproof" travel mug turn out not to be so at all. My backpack fell off the chair on the bus, and the lid of my beverage POPPED OFF spilling tea all over the bus floor. I felt so retarded, like I had peed my pants or something. No napkins to clean it up, either. As the bus accelerated & decelerated, the liquid spread. When we finally stopped at the school, I ran to the bathroom for napkins, but to not avail, as they have all been upgraded to paperless hand-drying systems. I'm sorry, Mr. Bus Driver.

Financial aid disbursed yesterday, so I finally got my Psychology textbook (huzzah)! Chapter two is all about the scientific method, and research information, so I just skimmed it. Pretty familiar with that already. Unfortunately, I went to sign up for the online portion of the class (now that I have an access code), but it says registration is CLOSED. Fantastic. One more hurdle. Always one more.

Class is starting.

Comments

Popular Posts