General health update


So I haven't been posting as much recently, because my health has been... IDK anymore how to describe it. Much worse than usual, I guess? Someday soon, (when I have the energy for it) I'm going to post a video explaining what's been going on with my ephemeral health issues over the last... decade or two, in more detail.

I don't talk about it a lot, because talking about it doesn't do any good and just makes other people feel bad about it. 

Unless they are ALSO a chronically ill person (which many of us are in this age category HMM WEIRD RIGHT) and then we just *get it*, there's no need to explain.

But, just as an overview:
- 20-25ish years of unexplained chronic pain (including migraines, & back)
- 20ish years of unexplained chronic fatigue (which has gotten SUBSTANTIONALLY WORSE after catching Covid in September, AND AGAIN in just the last few days/week or so)
- 20-25ish years of unrelenting, treatment-resistant Major Depressive Disorder
- multiple mild-moderate environmental & food allergies (that trigger anaphylaxis symptoms)
- randomly passing out / vasovagal syncope
- oh yea also Inattentive ADHD w/ severe time blindness
- also my psych team is looking at a possible 3rd diagnosis

The best summary I can give is I feel like the cursed Pirates in "The Pirates of the Caribbean". Barely anything brings me joy anymore (besides my kitties & Kelly), "food turns to ash" in my mouth so feeding myself is a daily struggle, nothing helps.

So. Yeah. It's a lot (and I'm leaving a LOT out, that's the TL;DR summary), and it mostly sucks, but at least my doctors are taking me seriously now. I have SIXTEEN doctor appointments this month, including a Sleep study, EEG, and Echocardiogram. I am also scheduled to start TMS treatment sometime soon (if my extreme fatigue doesn't disqualify me).

This is why I quit my job. Because it is incredibly difficult to work with my worsening symptoms, and having open availability for any appointment available. (And everytime I HAVE to call out, I have an emotional crisis about it because I HATE being considered an 'unreliable flake.') And yes, I *should* qualify for disability/social services, but it is an impenetrable labyrinth of red tape that I have already been denied. 🤷

I am just INCREDIBLY THANKFUL that I live in Oregon, because so far 100% of my medical stuff has ALL been covered! (Dentist is a FAR different story, though.)

Recent highlights of my medical history include:
- incredibly worsening fatigue to the point that just being able to feed myself (& cats) and take my pills is all I can manage most days
- lapses in procedural memory
- TWO teeth have infections below the root, 1 of which is a "re-treatment" of a "failed root canal" (which is apparently 0% covered by insurance) which is just something can happen to ANY treated tooth, BUT CAN KILL YOU. So that's like... $2.5k-6k worth of work that has to go on a Credit card
- Oh also I just started seeing a doctor that is trying to figure out if I have an autoimmune disease or not. 👀
- I am currently taking... 12-15 daily medications/vitamins-at-drs-request. NOTHING is helping. All of my symptoms are the same, or worse.
- and ALL of the physical medical/dental, and mental/psych aspects feed into each other

- (IDK know anymore, man. I have so many symptoms I just try to tune out all day so I can *DO* fucking anything, so I always forget some big ones when I list them out like this.)

I am just...

so...

very, very...

tired.

So when someone I used to be close with asks me after 5 or 10 years out of the blue, "Hey, how are you doing?"...

...I don't even know how to answer anymore. Compared to a "normal" person? Compared to myself, a year ago? A decade ago? To you? 

Everything is relative and nothing matters. Existence is pain. For me, *literally*. The last time I remember not being in pain at all was my Junior year of HIGH SCHOOL, 2001, 20 years ago.

So. ((shrugs)) That's... my update. That's what going on with me.




Comments

Popular Posts