My food is problematic.

...I'm slightly disturbed. I've been watching this health/beauty BBC documentary series out of curiosity to better understand issues I don't personally deal with, but found myself identifying with some of the comments on "Super Skinny Me." Not about the mentality of weight loss, but just how... restricting food screws with your life. Whether it's unhealthy dieting (documentary) or allergies (me). I don't want to identify with that. :-( And I miss being able to eat whatever I want and not get sick. Maybe it would be different if I grew up with that, but to me, it's weird. I jokingly say I have a love/hate relationship with food, but it's true. I love the food, it hates me and punishes me for eating it, so then I hate the food because I still desire it, but know it will make me sick; The food teases me with its promises of deliciousness. I never used to even think about my "relationship" to my food.

I don't comprehend why anyone would willingly screw with their diet that way.

Comments

Popular Posts