Chai pancakes (recipe alteration)

I wouldn't cake this a recipe, as you mostly just make the pancakes the regular way you would but add a little, so it will work with any recipe. I like to use Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes mix. It is high in protein, and easy to use - a 1:1 ratio of mix and water.

To change pancakes into chai flavor, I do 2 things.
1 - replace whatever water or milk is in the recipe with chai tea (or similar, I like to use Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings).
2 - add seasonings. Add a liberal amount of cinnamon, and a tiny bit of nutmeg, ginger & cloves per your preference. For example I love ginger and hate cloves, so I put more ginger and only a touch of cloves.
(3) - An optional thing you can do if you like your pancakes sweet but don't think maple syrup goes with chai is to add brown sugar to the batter. I added only 1/2 tablespoon per serving as I don't like it too sweet. I wouldn't add more than 1 tablespoon max though.

Cook as usual! Enjoy! <3

Comments

Popular Posts